Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nicknames

It's amazing how many nicknames you come up with for your kid. Every new adventure or new skill merits a new nickname. Here are some of Josie's nicknames:

Monkey - This kid climbs on everything....stairs, toys, ladders, chairs, tables, me, the dog....you name it, she will try to conquer it.

Jose Pose - Mom-mom came up with this one I believe. We'll have to ask her for the basis, but I think it was created because it rhymes.

Jo-seppie - A nickname from Nanny. It's the name that Josie likes to be called when she's playing hide and seek.

Monster - This is the name we use when she is running around like crazy, arms in the air, mouth wide open ready to bite. I will grab her and whisper in her ear "you're a monster" and she whispers back "mons"....too cute.

I am sure there will more to come and we continue through this adventure with Josie.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Madelyn turned into Mady and most recently Mads. I also say No and Mads a lot. Sounds like the plural of nomad :)

Between her and me, I call her turtle because when she sticks her little head out, she reminds me of a turtle.